Fife Sports Stars
Our newest programme, led by a group of Active Schools Coordinators is an Elite Athlete Development programme designed to work closely with some of our most recognised and accomplished secondary school pupils aged 13-18, competing in sport either Locally, Regionally or Internationally. In its first year, we have 12 athletes involved who started in August 2017.
The programme has two main objectives:
• Pupils are supported to reach their full potential as athletes & individuals
• Pupils will work as role models to inspire their peers to participate & compete in sport
Here are some of the modules covered throughout the programme;
1. Team Bonding and Understanding Talent
2. Public Speaking and Social Media
3. Sports Psychology
4. Lifestyle and Media Training
5. Injury Prevention
7. Strength and Conditioning
The Fife Sports Stars programme works in partnership with Sports Development, Champions in Schools, Scottish Institute of Sport, Sky Sports Academy, Fife College, Fife Sports and Leisure Trust and Community Use Schools. As part of the programme, a number of former and current elite athletes will support & mentor Fife’s Sports Stars.