Fife’s Active Schools team work with primary, secondary and additional support needs schools to:
- Increase the quality and range of opportunities to participate in sport before school, during lunchtime and after school.
- Recruit and develop a network of volunteers & coaches to deliver sport and build capacity.
- Increase the number of young people accessing leadership roles encouraging and supporting them to reach their potential.
- Support and develop pathways to improve the transition for participants from schools to clubs.
Find your local coordinator here.The team measure and report on the impact of the work of Active Schools to sportscotland and Fife Council.
Did you know?
- We have delivered over 27,000 activity sessions
- Over 18,000 participants have taken part in our sessions
- 79 different activities have been delivered
- Our 22 coordinators are present in Fife’s 18 high schools and 138 primary schools
- Almost 900 volunteers have assisted us over the years
- We have created links between 155 clubs and schools
Active Schools Fife is funded by sportscotland and Fife Council. Staff are based within schools across Fife and are employed by Fife Council.