Our newest programme is an Elite Athlete Development programme called Fife Sports Stars. It is designed to work closely with some of our most recognised and accomplished secondary school pupils aged 13-18, competing in sport either locally, regionally or internationally.
The programme has two main objectives. Participants:
- Are supported to reach their full potential as athletes and individuals
- Work as role models to inspire their peers to participate and compete in sport.
Some of the modules covered in the programme include:
- Team bonding and understanding talent
- Public speaking and social media
- Sports psychology
- Lifestyle and media training
- Injury prevention
- Strength and conditioning
The Fife Sports Stars programme works in partnership with Fife Council’s Sports Development team, Champions in Schools, Scottish Institute of Sport, Sky Sports Academy, Fife College, Fife Sports and Leisure Trust and Fife Council’s Community Use Schools. As part of the programme, former and current elite athletes support and mentor Fife’s Sports Stars.